Hamilton Beach 6 Quart Set And Forget Programmable Slow Cooker
Hamilton Beach 33969A
Features. From The Manufacturer.
- Thermometer probe for cooking meats more accurately.
- Convenient cooking modes including automatic keep warm.
- 3 program choices: Probe, Program, and Manual.
- Clip-tight sealing lid for spill-resistant travel.
- Gripped handles for carrying heavy meals.
- 6 quart oval crock fits 6 lb chicken or 4 lb roast.
- Wraparound, even heat cooks food evenly and consistently.
- Dishwasher safe oval stoneware and lid
- Power interrupt protection – keeps things cooking during brief power outages.
- One-year warranty.
The Hamilton Beach 33969A makes it easy to execute any meal perfectly with its smart cooking technology. It features three cooking choices, each then with their own settings, to give you ultimate control over how your meals are prepared. For added cooking convenience, the slow cooker automatically switches to warm when the food is done cooking. So if your chicken only needs 7 hours to cook, but you won’t be home for 9, fret not! Your slow cooker will deliver!
The three cooking choices include Probe, Program, and Manual.
Probe Mode is perfect for cooking meats. This mode is going to speak to all of you meat lovers out there. You no longer have to guesstimate how long you need to cook that steak for before it hits medium-rare. Set the desired temperature you want the meat to reach, let the slow cooker do its thing, and enjoy. The probe temperature will appear on the front digital display of the slow cooker throughout the duration of cooking, which is kind of cool. That way, if you’re home and starving you know about how much longer you have to wait 😉 And don’t worry if you’re not home. The slow cooker will automatically switch to keep warm once the meat reaches the desired temperature. Whoever said cooking was hard did not own the Hamilton Beach Set And Forget Programmable Slow Cooker.
Program Mode allows you to set a specific cook time. Need to cook it for 5 hours? Done. Just program the amount of time you need that stew to percolate for. And, as stated, the slow cooker will automatically switch to keep warm when the time is up to keep your food from overcooking. Mmmm. That stew is going to be amazing.
Manual Mode gives you High, Low, or Warm heat settings. This is the old school cooking mode. Choose a heat setting and let it go. And hopefully remember to turn the heat off later 😉 Don’t forget to set a timer! I don’t know if I fully understand why this feature is included when the other two features take the guess work out of cooking manually. But if you are one that enjoys life’s safety nets but needs the occasional adrenaline rush, this slow cooker is for you 😀
- Dishwasher safe crock and lid makes clean up super easy!
- Smart technology gives you ultimate, worry-free control over all of your cooking ventures.
- Features a probe to cook meats to your idea of perfect.
- Slow cooker automatically switches to keep warm when food is done cooking to prevent overcooking (feature only available while using the Probe or Program features.)
- Lid locks on for safe travel.
- 6 qt. crock is a good size for the average sized family.
- Short power outages won’t ruin your meals. Or waste your food. (Hamilton Beach includes a “5 second or less” caveat on their site in regard to the Power Interrupt Protection technology.)
- Short, limited warranty for a lot of moving parts.
My biggest qualm with this product is the 1-year limited warranty that comes with the slow cooker from Hamilton Beach. This slow cooker has A LOT of technology and features and moving parts. The more something can do, the more things that can go wrong with it. This bad boy does a lot, which means a lot can potentially go wrong with it. Yet, Hamilton Beach offers only a 1-year LIMITED warranty.
It is worth noting that oftentimes retailers offer extended warranties for products. Obviously these come with an added expense. However, if you require a good warranty, you will need to buy one separately.
LWH: 10.25″ x 16.00″ x 16.13″
Material: Stainless steel
Pot specs: 6 quart ceramic
Limited 1-year product warranty. Hamilton Beach offers the same limited warranty for 5 years if you are in Canada.
The warranty states that your product is warrantied from defect for 1 year from date of purchase. If in the first year your product defects, Hamilton Beach decides whether the appropriate option is to repair your device or replace it. All shipping costs associated with either remedy option is your responsibility to pay.
Would I use this slow cooker? Yeah, why not. I like the idea of having that much control over all of my meals. My current slow cooker is very basic. Off, Warm, Low, or High. It does not have any automatic features that make my life easier or more convenient. I really like the idea of having a slow cooker that switches to warm after the food is done cooking because I am on the go quite a bit, as we all are these days.
I don’t really require a locking lid or a probe at this moment in my life. I don’t attend a lot of potlucks. I don’t foresee that aspect of my life changing anytime in the near future. However, I can see myself appreciating the probe once I had it.
All in all, I like Hamilton Beach for their affordable options. Don’t get caught off guard by their warranty, and I think you will be pretty happy with them as well!
Have you ever used this crockpot? Tell us how you like it below!
Find out more about me, the author and founder of The Slow Cooker Life, here 😉
6.5 qt Programmable Slow Cooker
Features. From The Manufacturer.
- Touchpad control panel with LCD timer and display.
- Settings/cooking modes: On/Off, Warm, Simmer, Low/High
- Automatically turns to “warm” when the cook time ends.
- Housing is brushed stainless steel. Handles are chrome-plated.
- Glass lid has a stainless steel rim. Knob is chrome-plated.
- Dishwasher-safe lid and ceramic pot.
- Nonslip rubber feet.
- Includes cooking rack for use with ramekins.
- Spiral-bound recipe book with 70 recipes ranging from basic to gourmet.
- BPA free.
The Cuisinart 6.5 qt Programmable Slow Cooker is one to consider for those of those with many mouths to feed regularly and very busy schedules. It has an impressive 6.5 qt pot which is big enough, typically, for large food items (roasts) and large family meals. You can comfortably feed the family or just fix up a little snack dip! No need to fill the whole pot with food every time you use it though 😉
It is a product of convenience with its three cooking modes, 24-hour timer, and the nifty feature of turning to “warm” automatically when the cook time ends. So you don’t even have to be home to turn it off. (My next crockpot purchase will have this feature.) The programmable features truly add even more ease and convenience to slow cooking.
Cleaning up is a breeze as well with its dishwasher safe pot and lid.
- Big pot makes cooking for a large family easy.
- Dishwasher safe.
- It comes with a recipe book from Cuisinart with 70 recipes inside!
- Programming technology makes slow cooking even easier.
- Turns to “warm” when cook time ends.
- It’s attractive. The brushed stainless steel looks quite nice.
- It’s heavy. This is not ideal if you are going to be taking it out and putting it away often.
- It’s big. Necessary for those of you who need to cook a lot of food all at once. Not necessary for those of us without children and who do not entertain often.
- The warranty isn’t awesome. (You can read more about it below.) However, if you are a warranty-type person, keep in mind that whichever retailer you end up buying from may offer an extended warranty for this slow cooker 🙂
LWH: 16.34″ x 12.00″ x 11.61″
Weight: 21.2 lb
Material: Stainless steel
Pot specs: 6.5 quart ceramic
Limited 3-year product warranty.
Basically the warranty says that if something goes wrong within the first 3 years from the date of purchase, and that something that went wrong was not your fault, it was just a naturally occurring wrong-going, then Cuisinart will fix it or replace it for you. Whichever they deem most appropriate. They require you to pay a flat $10 shipping fee to “facilitate the speed and accuracy of your return.” I will assume because of how heavy these bad boys are; Cuisinart would start losing a lot of money if they were shipping them all over the place on their own dime.
You can read the warranty in full here. It starts on page 10 of the pdf.
The Cuisinart 6.5 qt Programmable Slow Cooker is a steal of a deal for everything that you get with it. Sure, it’s a little big. But big slow cookers need love too. Plus like I have now stated several times, if you have a big family or if you entertain frequently, bigger really is better in the crockpot world.
If you just cook for yourself or one other person primarily, I suggest you look for something a titch smaller. Unless space is not a concern and then, by all means, ignore me. Personally, I have a small kitchen so I take into consideration very seriously the size of the appliance I am considering purchasing.
Have you used this slow cooker? Or do you suggest a different one? Leave a comment below!
Find out more about me, the author and founder of The Slow Cooker Life, here
Dimensions: 16.5 x 5.38 x 4.63 in
Material: stainless steel
This Skandia knife set is a gorgeous addition to any kitchen. These titanium-coated knives come with a magnetic block for storage. Each knife has a soft grip for comfort while using.
I personally own these knives and can attest to their beauty and durability. Take heed to my warning not to put these knives in the dishwasher. I have only ever hand washed my knives. They remain copper in color to this day 🙂
The narrow, tall design of the block set may worry some of a potential tipping hazard. The block is very weighted adding extra balance and peace of mind. I am a huge cluts. I haven’t yet managed to tip over this block set.
What knives will I get?
This 13 piece knife block set comes with
- 1 – 8″ chef knife
- 1 – 8″ bread knife
- 1 – 7″ Santoku knife
- 1 – 5″ utility knife
- 1 – 3 1/2″ paring knife
- 1 – 3″ birds beak, for precise peeling and shaping
- 6 – 4 1/2″ steak knives
- 1 – magnetic block
Where to buy these.
Amazon also partners with Ebates to occasionally offer cash back on certain qualified purchases. You could end up saving money if you sign up for Ebates before heading over to Amazon. They have partnerships with so many online stores though so you could be getting cash back for so much of the online shopping that you are already doing. I personally have Ebates installed into my web browser to rake in all the extra free money that I can 🙂
The manufacturer offers a 25-year limited warranty which, in black and white, sounds pretty good:
“Skandia products are warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship. Any piece found to be defective under normal use will be replaced at no charge with the same item or an item of equal or greater value. Return by insured parcel post with a letter of explanation ad dated proof of purchase to…”
That is a direct quote from the owner’s brochure that was included in the box with my own set. It sounds like so long as you follow the rules, you should be able to maintain a no worries mindset as a proud owner of a Skandia 13 piece knife set.
Blades are made out of durable stainless steel.
Rose gold/copper color is gorgeous.
Knife block is magnetic and weighted.
Hand wash only.
Color may fade over time with regular sharpening.
Lots of reviews stating that dishwashers ruin the handles and make the color chip.
The 13 pc. Skandia knife set absolutely worth it to me. I HIGHLY recommend not putting these knives in the dishwasher. I never have. I have owned and avidly used my set since March 2018; my knives have not chipped at all yet, and their handles remain un-melted. The block does not take up much counter space at all. It is perfect to store next to a wall or some other sort of vertical surface. And they are just real pretty 🙂
Are you a copper fan? Let me know below!
Find out more about me, the author and founder of The Slow Cooker Life, here 🙂