Features. From The Manufacturer.
- 3 programmable cooking functions.
- Slow Cook on high, low, simmer, or warm for up to 24 hours.
- Brown/Saute with temperatures up to 400 degrees.
- Steam for up to 90 minutes,
- Automatic Keep Warm feature.
- One touch switches modes when recipe calls for combination cooking,
- Removable 4-qt nonstick aluminum cooking pot.
- Extra large blue back lit LCD display with easy-to-read time and temperature settings.
- Glass lid with cool-touch handle for clear view and comfortable handling.
- Dishwasher-safe removable parts for effortless cleanup.
- Steaming rack included.
- Limited 3-year warranty
- BPA free.
The Cuisinart 4-quart Multicooker Cook Central is the center of convenience when it comes to family dinners, hosting, or combination cooking. Its 3 programmable cooking functions allow you to execute multi-step dishes in a flash using minimal dishes, which makes clean up, as well as cooking, a cinch. Need to brown the meat before commencing the slow cooking? Do it in your new Cuisinart 3-in-1 Multicooker! The brown/saute cooking function allows you to skip the frying pans and stove tops and opens you to the world of one stop cooking. Use this feature to quickly brown your ingredients, then instantly switch your Multicooker over to the slow cook function without having to switch pots. The Cook Central offers a steam cooking function as well so you can prepare your veggies, or really anything, perfectly. With its 3 cooking functions, you can cook endless meals, side dishes, and desserts all with one appliance and no extra mess.
For added convenience, this Multicooker is equipped with an automatic Keep Warm function. What this means is you can set a cook time and once the timer is up, the Cook Central kicks the cooking heat off and switches to Keep Warm mode. Still don't get it? You no longer have to be home to turn the slow cooker to Keep Warm manually when your meal is done cooking. For us busy bees, this is a really big deal. Personally, I still rock an old-school all-settings-are-manual slow cooker so I have to very strategically plan when I start the crock pot to ensure that either I, or my SO, will be home in time to switch it to Keep Warm so we don't have to eat burnt pucks for dinner, or worse...fast food 😉
Whether you typically just cook for yourself, yourself and a special someone, a small family, or a big family, the Cook Central will be big enough for the task as it comes in either the featured 4 quart option, a generous 6 quart option, or a whopping 8 quart option for those of you with several mouths to feed and no time to do so 🙂
- Available in 3 different sizes.
- 3 programmable cooking functions make for fewer dishes and cleanup. If you have kids, though, maybe you don't mind the extra dishes as little Johnny and Tommy are the cleaning crew.
- Automatically switches to Keep Warm when the cook timer goes off.
- It's a $100-ish slow cooker. Sure, it does other stuff too. But if you're on a budget, the "other stuff" isn't always worth it.
- The pot is aluminum. Some people believe that an aluminum pot could lead to increased aluminum levels in the food your cook and therefore consume.
- No probe. If you are a slow cooking meat snob who prefers cooking with a probe to guarantee the medium rares and whatnot, buy a different model that offers the probe feature.
LWH: 10.5" x 16.5" x 8.7"
Weight: 13 lb
Material: Stainless steel
Pot specs: 4 quart aluminum
Limited 3-year warranty.
The Cuisinart Cook Central comes with a limited 3-year product warranty which is pretty decent. The coverage itself is seemingly standard for similar products. However, the 3-year part is above the standard because many companies will only offer a 1-uear limited warranty with their products.
Basically, Cuisinart promises that if within the first 3 years of ownership from the date of purchase something goes wrong that was not YOUR FAULT, that something just naturally went kapoot on the multicooker, then Cuisinart will fix it or replace it for you at their discretion They do require that you pay a flat $10 shipping fee to facilitate the speed and accuracy of your return. As previously assumed, these appliances are heavy so I doubt Cuisinart wants to foot the bill for shipping these bowling balls to and fro.
Read the full warranty here.
The Cuisinart 4-quart 3-in-1 Cook Central Multicooker is absolutely the center of cooking convenience and absolutely worth the money. I love that it comes in different sizes so those of you who just have a cat at home can be as pleased with your meals as those of you with a litter of children to feed. I love that it makes combination cooking a breeze with its 3 cooking functions. I love it's chic stainless steel finish.
I do not love the aluminum pot; I prefer ceramic. Alas, you can't win 'em all. If you don't mind the aluminum pot then I really do not have much more nay say for this multicooker. Get it. Cook with it. Tell us how you like it.
What are your thoughts on aluminum pots? Tell me about your experience with them in the comments below.
Find out more about me, the author and founder of The Slow Cooker Life, here.