Features. From The Manufacturer.
- Touchpad control panel with LCD timer and display.
- Settings/cooking modes: On/Off, Warm, Simmer, Low/High
- Automatically turns to "warm" when the cook time ends.
- Housing is brushed stainless steel. Handles are chrome-plated.
- Glass lid has a stainless steel rim. Knob is chrome-plated.
- Dishwasher-safe lid and ceramic pot.
- Nonslip rubber feet.
- Includes cooking rack for use with ramekins.
- Spiral-bound recipe book with 70 recipes ranging from basic to gourmet.
- BPA free.
The Cuisinart 6.5 qt Programmable Slow Cooker is one to consider for those of those with many mouths to feed regularly and very busy schedules. It has an impressive 6.5 qt pot which is big enough, typically, for large food items (roasts) and large family meals. You can comfortably feed the family or just fix up a little snack dip! No need to fill the whole pot with food every time you use it though 😉
It is a product of convenience with its three cooking modes, 24-hour timer, and the nifty feature of turning to "warm" automatically when the cook time ends. So you don't even have to be home to turn it off. (My next crockpot purchase will have this feature.) The programmable features truly add even more ease and convenience to slow cooking.
Cleaning up is a breeze as well with its dishwasher safe pot and lid.
- Big pot makes cooking for a large family easy.
- Dishwasher safe.
- It comes with a recipe book from Cuisinart with 70 recipes inside!
- Programming technology makes slow cooking even easier.
- Turns to "warm" when cook time ends.
- It's attractive. The brushed stainless steel looks quite nice.
- It's heavy. This is not ideal if you are going to be taking it out and putting it away often.
- It's big. Necessary for those of you who need to cook a lot of food all at once. Not necessary for those of us without children and who do not entertain often.
- The warranty isn't awesome. (You can read more about it below.) However, if you are a warranty-type person, keep in mind that whichever retailer you end up buying from may offer an extended warranty for this slow cooker 🙂
LWH: 16.34" x 12.00" x 11.61"
Weight: 21.2 lb
Material: Stainless steel
Pot specs: 6.5 quart ceramic
Limited 3-year product warranty.
Basically the warranty says that if something goes wrong within the first 3 years from the date of purchase, and that something that went wrong was not your fault, it was just a naturally occurring wrong-going, then Cuisinart will fix it or replace it for you. Whichever they deem most appropriate. They require you to pay a flat $10 shipping fee to "facilitate the speed and accuracy of your return." I will assume because of how heavy these bad boys are; Cuisinart would start losing a lot of money if they were shipping them all over the place on their own dime.
You can read the warranty in full here. It starts on page 10 of the pdf.
The Cuisinart 6.5 qt Programmable Slow Cooker is a steal of a deal for everything that you get with it. Sure, it's a little big. But big slow cookers need love too. Plus like I have now stated several times, if you have a big family or if you entertain frequently, bigger really is better in the crockpot world.
If you just cook for yourself or one other person primarily, I suggest you look for something a titch smaller. Unless space is not a concern and then, by all means, ignore me. Personally, I have a small kitchen so I take into consideration very seriously the size of the appliance I am considering purchasing.
Have you used this slow cooker? Or do you suggest a different one? Leave a comment below!
Find out more about me, the author and founder of The Slow Cooker Life, here